‘Tis the season! Last we talked, I was discussion what to get your friend, sister, girl friend, or mom for the holidays. Now, I’m going to share 25 things to get your friend, brother, boyfriend, dad or who ever for the holidays.
Again, like last time, these could be for girls or guys, but I’ve tried to come up with some stuff guys would like. I’ve asked my brothers, Brendan and my dad if they would like any of these gifts.
- A FitBit: I don’t really know why, but I feel like every guy just needs a FitBit. They look super good and are practical.
- Shaving Kit: Most guys have to shave, so a nice, luxurious shaving kit is always a good idea.
- A Robe: Most of the guys I know sleep in underwear or shirtless at least, so a robe is usually perfect for these winter months.
- Apple Music: I think this would be perfect, especially for a brother, because that’s all my brothers seem to do lately, so unlimited music seems like a win.
- Sweaters: Especially for boyfriends, a sweater is really a gift for him, but one you can steal later on…
- Cologne/Spray: Every guy needs their ‘signature smell’, so a spray or cologne is something most guys would be happy to get.
- Video Games: My brothers, boyfriend AND Dad all play video games pretty regularly (This year Titanfall and Battlefield are the top picks, according to Brendan)
- Sweatpants: Everyone needs a nice pair of pants for Sunday’s where you don’t want to do anything but watch cartoons and relax.
- Workout Bag: If your guy really likes sports, a cool idea would be to fill up a workout bag with a water bottle, maybe some shorts and a workout shirt.
- Sports Swag: What die hard fan doesn’t want gear that supports their team? None.
- Shoes: Nothing can make a guy look classy better than a pair of nice shoes. Make sure you know his size and style!
- Gift Box: You pick a theme, it could be an activity or something, and then you put together whatever they would need for this activity. This year, Brendan is giving my dad a gift box for hockey.
- Outdoor Supplies: A good backpack or a sleeping bag is a great addition to any adventure seeking guy.
- Personalised Book: This one more aimed at a long term boyfriend, but I still think it’s super cute. You can make one at Here at Lovebook. Super cute idea and super personal!
- Underpants: They need ’em and a luxurious pair of underpants are always nice to get.
- A Nerf Gun: This is something that my brother’s would get every year and I think this year we should revamp it for older guys.
- Mini Fridge: What guy doesn’t want a mini fridge? I know it’s a little big, but if you could get a deal it would be a unique gift.
- Laptop Bag & Stickers: If he’s a techie, a nice leather bag and some stickers to personalise their computer are nice gift.
- Shirt: Again, another gift for him that could be for you too, is a shirt that expressed his personality and quirks.
- French Press & Quirky Mug: Coffee is a lot of people’s lifeline, so a nice french press and a cute mug are always nice.
- Card Against Humanity: I love this game, and it’s a little raunchy but so much fun! I know my brothers have this on their list.
- Extra Charger: These can vary in price, but a nice little gift for a techie person. These come in variety of colours and fun shapes.
- Penny Board: A gift for a more coordinated guy that likes to skateboard. These are smaller boards that come in all sorts of different designs.
- Apple TV: Perfect for the techie of the family.
- Something Handmade: If all else fails, something you make, like cookies or pyjamas is always nice. They usually love whatever you make
These are just some ideas of what you could get the man in your life. If you think of any other great ideas you think they would like, comment! I tried to keep in mind the different types of guys there are out there. Happy Holidays!
PS: Stay tuned for my stocking stuffer ideas! Coming soon!
As we get closer and closer to Christmas, I’m finding it harder and harder to think up gift ideas. So, I figured I would make up a gift guide for anyone out there like me who is having a hard time with ideas. I’m going to do three gift guide: for her, one for him and stocking stuffer ideas.
A gift guide for her is really any girl in your life: sister, best friend, mom, girlfriend, grandmas, and aunt, whatever. I created this list with girls in min, but they could be for anyone you can think of.
- Cute Christmas PJS: You can never have enough PJs and Christmas time is just fantastic, so why not have a cute pair of PJs that you can lounge around in after unwrapping gifts?
- Bath Stuff: I only recently really got into bath bombs and bubble baths, but I love them. Lush is great for this ones, especially Lush and Bath and Body works.
- Candles: What makes a house cozier than candles?
- Makeup Brushes: I really need a new set of brushes and a feel like a girl can never have too many makeup brushes.
- Lipstick Kits: If the person you’re shopping for loves a good lipstick, you can never go wrong with a new lippie. It could even become their new favourite.
- A Subscription: Subscriptions have become a new trend and I see one almost every day that I want to sign up for.
- Cardigans/Sweaters: Where I live, it’s freezing almost all the time in the winter, so I can’t seem to get enough sweaters and cardigans. Old Navy is my number one spot for sweaters and I’ve really like Ricki’s/Bootleger for cardigans.
- Gloves and a Beanie: I got this last year for Christmas from Brendan’s mom and it was awesome. My dog actually decided to adopt my gloves as a chew toy, but I really liked them while they lasted.
- A Style Book: If the someone who is really into fashion, a style book is always a good idea (I really like Lauren Conrad’s Style) but really any book is a good idea.
- Slippers: Slippers are necessary for me year round, but even more so for winter time (I have two pairs!)
- Onesie: I have wanted a huge oversized onesie for ever! I want one that’s either Christmas themed or one with a reindeer on it.
- New Underwear: I have so many pairs of underwear and I still want more, so if you aren’t weirded out by it, underwear is a safe bet.
- New Cup/To Go Mug: Starbucks has some of the cutest to go mugs every year and every year, my friends and I oogle over them. David’s tea has some super cute ones as well.
- A Planner: I’m a huge planner girl. I decorate mine, write everything down it and use it like my Bible. Best. Thing. Ever. Band.o always has really cute ones, as well as Kate Spade.
- A Tray: I know that’s super vague, but I have one of those trays that can sit on your bed or coffee table last year for Christmas from Mr. B. In mine, Brendan added pictures of us in it, which is a cute touch, and I love it to death. I can put my essentials in it and anything else that I want. Super great idea that you can personalise as well.
- New Tote/Purse: These things come in handy all the time. I’ve been really liking the new leather totes in colours such as black, grey, and blush pink.
- Hunter Boots: I really want Hunter boots because they are so cute! They are also really practical for winter because of snow-slush situations.
- Pillows: Cozy pillows make rooms so much cuter for winter time!
- Cute Decor: A few years ago, I got some decor items for Christmas and it was awesome! It opened up my thoughts about what to decorate my room.
- Wireless Speakers or Headphone: These are actually on my on my list this year because I listen to music everyday, so they might as well be cute ones.
- A Fake Fur Rug/Blanket: These are super trendy right now and for goo reason! They are super cute and cozy for winter and all the time.
- A Polaroid Camera: These are super cool! You can snap a picture of Christmas morning it’s instantly there. Be sure to involve extra film.
- A Teapot: I drink about 400 cups of tea a day and I recently bought a tea pot and it’s made my life 10 times easier. A super cute one in her favourite colour is a great idea!
- Makeup Gift Set: Companies are the best this time of year for making huge gift sets for the makeup lovers of the world. This year, I’ve been eyeing up the Marc Jacobs gift sets, as well Sephora.
- Jewellery Box: I got one of these lasts year and they are super great for storage and not to mention they look super cute.
Well there we go! A quick 25 gift ideas that your friend, sister, mom, girlfriend, grandma, coworker, whoever would love to unwrap this holiday season! Coming soon is the gift guide for him and the stocking stuffer ideas!
I hope you all have a wonderful day/night/afternoon/morning and remember that you are capable of great things! A happy holidays from mine to yours!
Alright, so summer is basically over. I know, it suuucks. But you can still have one last kick ass weekend before you are stuck inside all day. Enter this post. The idea is to have fun, but keep it wallet friendly (to buy all the cute stationnary supplies you just have to have).
The idea is to pick somewhere pretty close to you, like maybe like an hour to three away to drive. Then pick some friends to split the minimal costs you might run into. I would suggest keeping it even so that every one has a buddy. So, you’ve got your destination and your buddy. Okay, now what?
- Pack Light- You are only going for a weekend, you don’t need the extra shirt, you don’t need your twenty something pillows. Pack smart. Hot Tip: I would pack clothes you can layer if you need (leggings, light tees, sweaters, socks, ext.)
- Foooood- When I went on my adventure, we bought food on the way. But pack food. Because eating out is can be pricey (money better spent on other things, like yummy bakery food). We had a camp stove, as well, so maybe think of food you can cook over a fire.
- Camp- Hotels, no matter what Trivago says, are more money than free camping. Look up your places municipal camping site or even ask a local while your there. They might have secret kick ass spot only they know. You could even sleep in your car, hell we did. Mind you, we have a truck. in
- Info. Center- Check out the towns information center or tourism center to get started on hiking trails, places to eat, places to fish, places to check out. If you really can’t think of anything, I’ve come up with a little list at the end of this post.
- Experience the Town- Don’t go into the town expecting it to be just like home. Go in and see what your city doesn’t have. We checked out the mountains, fishing, coffee shops, bakery, museums and streets that our city doesn’t have. We didn’t go to the mall, because just about every mall is the same. Do other stuff.
These tips are just a guideline, feel free to do whatever you want. Shopping more you than fishing, go for it. Make sure, whatever you do, you have a much fun and do as many of things as you can. It’s only a few days, go a little harder and sleep extra hard when you are home.
Here’s that list I promised you. These are some of the things Brendan, my boyfriend and I did while we were on ‘vacation’.
- Checked out the main strip
- Enjoyed local coffee shops, bakeries, resturants
- Swam in local lakes
- Took lots and lots of pictures
- Ate ice cream and people watched
I really hope this inspired you to wave summer good bye with one last kick ass weekend with friends. Maybe this can be something you look back at while your are drowning in math homework.
Was this interesting and did it inspire you to travel somewhere new? I really hope so! Please leave me comment to let me know this is something you’d like to see more of! Also, follow me on Instagram and Twitter @ textbooksandtea!
‘Till next time!