So, as a conclusion to my gift guides, I’ve come up with a list of little gifts that could find themselves in stocking or under the tree. They are generally unisex, but some are a little bias. Without further, let’s get into this!
- Socks: Everybody’s got feet, and everybody needs socks. I personally can never have enough funny socks.
- Sunglasses: Just because it’s getting dark earlier now doesn’t mean that we can’t think about the sun. Sunglasses are always fun to get.
- Key Chain: It could be a pom pom one for a girl or a unique leather one for guy, there are so many unique key chains out there.
- Phone Case: There are so many adorable cool phone cases out there and they make an awesome stocking stuff.
- Wallet: There are tons of wallets out there could be perfect for whoever you are shopping for.
- Chocolate/Candy: As always, you gotta have candy in your stocking. My favourites are Lindt and Skittles
- CD/DVD: I know in the age of Spotify and Netflix, who needs CDs and DVDs, but these are still cool to have.
- Makeup: Drug store makeup is nice to stick in stocking, especially a product or shade they’ve never used before.
- Face/Body Wash: A sweet smelling body wash or face wash is always a nice thought.
- Gift Cards: A few suggestions would be to get a facial, hair cut, Bath and Body Works, Starbucks, Urban Outfitters, and iTunes.
- Journal: I love to write in my journals and I have a huge collection of notebooks, so maybe I’m a little bias…
- Pencils: They have some that are drumsticks that would be cool for a music lover or ones that say cute sayings on them would be cool for a lady boss.
- Hair Products: Both guys and girls use product on their hair, so why not grab an extra thing of gel for them this season?
- Flask: There are so many funny flasks out there that have funny sayings on them that would make hilarious stocking stuffers.
- Pocket Knife: Not for everyone, but still a pretty useful tool.
- Deodorant: Lame, I know, but no one wants to smell bad!
- Bracelet/Jewellery: Of course, this shouldn’t be diamond earrings, but a cute leather bracelet or a nice necklace is always a nice gift.
- Underpants: Basic, once again, but everybody needs ’em.
- Tea or Coffee or Hot Chocolate: Always nice to have a cup on Christmas morning.
- Mini Hockey Sticks/Hockey Pucks: If they are a hockey lover, these are always nice to open. If they play volley ball, maybe new knee pads or socks.
- Music ‘Things’: If they are into music, guitar picks, strings, are super nice to get to get the music lover.
- Cosmetic Bag/Shower Bag: There are some super funny cosmetic bags out there that would fit super nicely.
- Ornament: This is sort of tradition my family does every year and we give each other an ornament that sort of sums up the year.
- Charging Cords: I always seem to lose or break my charging cords, so these are always nice to have extra ones.
- Travel Board Games: I know these are a little silly, but they are super funny!
I hope you guys liked my gift guide! Make sure to check out my holiday gift guide for her and for him! Leave a comment if you guys enjoyed these gift guides! I’m hoping to make this a tradition every year, to do a gift guide for her, him and stocking stuffers! Would you guys like to see what I gave for Christmas or what I got for Christmas? If so let me know!
Anyways, happy holidays! I hope you’re family is well and you are happy and well!!!
As we get closer and closer to Christmas, I’m finding it harder and harder to think up gift ideas. So, I figured I would make up a gift guide for anyone out there like me who is having a hard time with ideas. I’m going to do three gift guide: for her, one for him and stocking stuffer ideas.
A gift guide for her is really any girl in your life: sister, best friend, mom, girlfriend, grandmas, and aunt, whatever. I created this list with girls in min, but they could be for anyone you can think of.
- Cute Christmas PJS: You can never have enough PJs and Christmas time is just fantastic, so why not have a cute pair of PJs that you can lounge around in after unwrapping gifts?
- Bath Stuff: I only recently really got into bath bombs and bubble baths, but I love them. Lush is great for this ones, especially Lush and Bath and Body works.
- Candles: What makes a house cozier than candles?
- Makeup Brushes: I really need a new set of brushes and a feel like a girl can never have too many makeup brushes.
- Lipstick Kits: If the person you’re shopping for loves a good lipstick, you can never go wrong with a new lippie. It could even become their new favourite.
- A Subscription: Subscriptions have become a new trend and I see one almost every day that I want to sign up for.
- Cardigans/Sweaters: Where I live, it’s freezing almost all the time in the winter, so I can’t seem to get enough sweaters and cardigans. Old Navy is my number one spot for sweaters and I’ve really like Ricki’s/Bootleger for cardigans.
- Gloves and a Beanie: I got this last year for Christmas from Brendan’s mom and it was awesome. My dog actually decided to adopt my gloves as a chew toy, but I really liked them while they lasted.
- A Style Book: If the someone who is really into fashion, a style book is always a good idea (I really like Lauren Conrad’s Style) but really any book is a good idea.
- Slippers: Slippers are necessary for me year round, but even more so for winter time (I have two pairs!)
- Onesie: I have wanted a huge oversized onesie for ever! I want one that’s either Christmas themed or one with a reindeer on it.
- New Underwear: I have so many pairs of underwear and I still want more, so if you aren’t weirded out by it, underwear is a safe bet.
- New Cup/To Go Mug: Starbucks has some of the cutest to go mugs every year and every year, my friends and I oogle over them. David’s tea has some super cute ones as well.
- A Planner: I’m a huge planner girl. I decorate mine, write everything down it and use it like my Bible. Best. Thing. Ever. Band.o always has really cute ones, as well as Kate Spade.
- A Tray: I know that’s super vague, but I have one of those trays that can sit on your bed or coffee table last year for Christmas from Mr. B. In mine, Brendan added pictures of us in it, which is a cute touch, and I love it to death. I can put my essentials in it and anything else that I want. Super great idea that you can personalise as well.
- New Tote/Purse: These things come in handy all the time. I’ve been really liking the new leather totes in colours such as black, grey, and blush pink.
- Hunter Boots: I really want Hunter boots because they are so cute! They are also really practical for winter because of snow-slush situations.
- Pillows: Cozy pillows make rooms so much cuter for winter time!
- Cute Decor: A few years ago, I got some decor items for Christmas and it was awesome! It opened up my thoughts about what to decorate my room.
- Wireless Speakers or Headphone: These are actually on my on my list this year because I listen to music everyday, so they might as well be cute ones.
- A Fake Fur Rug/Blanket: These are super trendy right now and for goo reason! They are super cute and cozy for winter and all the time.
- A Polaroid Camera: These are super cool! You can snap a picture of Christmas morning it’s instantly there. Be sure to involve extra film.
- A Teapot: I drink about 400 cups of tea a day and I recently bought a tea pot and it’s made my life 10 times easier. A super cute one in her favourite colour is a great idea!
- Makeup Gift Set: Companies are the best this time of year for making huge gift sets for the makeup lovers of the world. This year, I’ve been eyeing up the Marc Jacobs gift sets, as well Sephora.
- Jewellery Box: I got one of these lasts year and they are super great for storage and not to mention they look super cute.
Well there we go! A quick 25 gift ideas that your friend, sister, mom, girlfriend, grandma, coworker, whoever would love to unwrap this holiday season! Coming soon is the gift guide for him and the stocking stuffer ideas!
I hope you all have a wonderful day/night/afternoon/morning and remember that you are capable of great things! A happy holidays from mine to yours!
Alright, so summer is basically over. I know, it suuucks. But you can still have one last kick ass weekend before you are stuck inside all day. Enter this post. The idea is to have fun, but keep it wallet friendly (to buy all the cute stationnary supplies you just have to have).
The idea is to pick somewhere pretty close to you, like maybe like an hour to three away to drive. Then pick some friends to split the minimal costs you might run into. I would suggest keeping it even so that every one has a buddy. So, you’ve got your destination and your buddy. Okay, now what?
- Pack Light- You are only going for a weekend, you don’t need the extra shirt, you don’t need your twenty something pillows. Pack smart. Hot Tip: I would pack clothes you can layer if you need (leggings, light tees, sweaters, socks, ext.)
- Foooood- When I went on my adventure, we bought food on the way. But pack food. Because eating out is can be pricey (money better spent on other things, like yummy bakery food). We had a camp stove, as well, so maybe think of food you can cook over a fire.
- Camp- Hotels, no matter what Trivago says, are more money than free camping. Look up your places municipal camping site or even ask a local while your there. They might have secret kick ass spot only they know. You could even sleep in your car, hell we did. Mind you, we have a truck. in
- Info. Center- Check out the towns information center or tourism center to get started on hiking trails, places to eat, places to fish, places to check out. If you really can’t think of anything, I’ve come up with a little list at the end of this post.
- Experience the Town- Don’t go into the town expecting it to be just like home. Go in and see what your city doesn’t have. We checked out the mountains, fishing, coffee shops, bakery, museums and streets that our city doesn’t have. We didn’t go to the mall, because just about every mall is the same. Do other stuff.
These tips are just a guideline, feel free to do whatever you want. Shopping more you than fishing, go for it. Make sure, whatever you do, you have a much fun and do as many of things as you can. It’s only a few days, go a little harder and sleep extra hard when you are home.
Here’s that list I promised you. These are some of the things Brendan, my boyfriend and I did while we were on ‘vacation’.
- Checked out the main strip
- Enjoyed local coffee shops, bakeries, resturants
- Swam in local lakes
- Took lots and lots of pictures
- Ate ice cream and people watched
I really hope this inspired you to wave summer good bye with one last kick ass weekend with friends. Maybe this can be something you look back at while your are drowning in math homework.
Was this interesting and did it inspire you to travel somewhere new? I really hope so! Please leave me comment to let me know this is something you’d like to see more of! Also, follow me on Instagram and Twitter @ textbooksandtea!
‘Till next time!