So, as a conclusion to my gift guides, I’ve come up with a list of little gifts that could find themselves in stocking or under the tree. They are generally unisex, but some are a little bias. Without further, let’s get into this!
- Socks: Everybody’s got feet, and everybody needs socks. I personally can never have enough funny socks.
- Sunglasses: Just because it’s getting dark earlier now doesn’t mean that we can’t think about the sun. Sunglasses are always fun to get.
- Key Chain: It could be a pom pom one for a girl or a unique leather one for guy, there are so many unique key chains out there.
- Phone Case: There are so many adorable cool phone cases out there and they make an awesome stocking stuff.
- Wallet: There are tons of wallets out there could be perfect for whoever you are shopping for.
- Chocolate/Candy: As always, you gotta have candy in your stocking. My favourites are Lindt and Skittles
- CD/DVD: I know in the age of Spotify and Netflix, who needs CDs and DVDs, but these are still cool to have.
- Makeup: Drug store makeup is nice to stick in stocking, especially a product or shade they’ve never used before.
- Face/Body Wash: A sweet smelling body wash or face wash is always a nice thought.
- Gift Cards: A few suggestions would be to get a facial, hair cut, Bath and Body Works, Starbucks, Urban Outfitters, and iTunes.
- Journal: I love to write in my journals and I have a huge collection of notebooks, so maybe I’m a little bias…
- Pencils: They have some that are drumsticks that would be cool for a music lover or ones that say cute sayings on them would be cool for a lady boss.
- Hair Products: Both guys and girls use product on their hair, so why not grab an extra thing of gel for them this season?
- Flask: There are so many funny flasks out there that have funny sayings on them that would make hilarious stocking stuffers.
- Pocket Knife: Not for everyone, but still a pretty useful tool.
- Deodorant: Lame, I know, but no one wants to smell bad!
- Bracelet/Jewellery: Of course, this shouldn’t be diamond earrings, but a cute leather bracelet or a nice necklace is always a nice gift.
- Underpants: Basic, once again, but everybody needs ’em.
- Tea or Coffee or Hot Chocolate: Always nice to have a cup on Christmas morning.
- Mini Hockey Sticks/Hockey Pucks: If they are a hockey lover, these are always nice to open. If they play volley ball, maybe new knee pads or socks.
- Music ‘Things’: If they are into music, guitar picks, strings, are super nice to get to get the music lover.
- Cosmetic Bag/Shower Bag: There are some super funny cosmetic bags out there that would fit super nicely.
- Ornament: This is sort of tradition my family does every year and we give each other an ornament that sort of sums up the year.
- Charging Cords: I always seem to lose or break my charging cords, so these are always nice to have extra ones.
- Travel Board Games: I know these are a little silly, but they are super funny!
I hope you guys liked my gift guide! Make sure to check out my holiday gift guide for her and for him! Leave a comment if you guys enjoyed these gift guides! I’m hoping to make this a tradition every year, to do a gift guide for her, him and stocking stuffers! Would you guys like to see what I gave for Christmas or what I got for Christmas? If so let me know!
Anyways, happy holidays! I hope you’re family is well and you are happy and well!!!
‘Tis the season! Last we talked, I was discussion what to get your friend, sister, girl friend, or mom for the holidays. Now, I’m going to share 25 things to get your friend, brother, boyfriend, dad or who ever for the holidays.
Again, like last time, these could be for girls or guys, but I’ve tried to come up with some stuff guys would like. I’ve asked my brothers, Brendan and my dad if they would like any of these gifts.
- A FitBit: I don’t really know why, but I feel like every guy just needs a FitBit. They look super good and are practical.
- Shaving Kit: Most guys have to shave, so a nice, luxurious shaving kit is always a good idea.
- A Robe: Most of the guys I know sleep in underwear or shirtless at least, so a robe is usually perfect for these winter months.
- Apple Music: I think this would be perfect, especially for a brother, because that’s all my brothers seem to do lately, so unlimited music seems like a win.
- Sweaters: Especially for boyfriends, a sweater is really a gift for him, but one you can steal later on…
- Cologne/Spray: Every guy needs their ‘signature smell’, so a spray or cologne is something most guys would be happy to get.
- Video Games: My brothers, boyfriend AND Dad all play video games pretty regularly (This year Titanfall and Battlefield are the top picks, according to Brendan)
- Sweatpants: Everyone needs a nice pair of pants for Sunday’s where you don’t want to do anything but watch cartoons and relax.
- Workout Bag: If your guy really likes sports, a cool idea would be to fill up a workout bag with a water bottle, maybe some shorts and a workout shirt.
- Sports Swag: What die hard fan doesn’t want gear that supports their team? None.
- Shoes: Nothing can make a guy look classy better than a pair of nice shoes. Make sure you know his size and style!
- Gift Box: You pick a theme, it could be an activity or something, and then you put together whatever they would need for this activity. This year, Brendan is giving my dad a gift box for hockey.
- Outdoor Supplies: A good backpack or a sleeping bag is a great addition to any adventure seeking guy.
- Personalised Book: This one more aimed at a long term boyfriend, but I still think it’s super cute. You can make one at Here at Lovebook. Super cute idea and super personal!
- Underpants: They need ’em and a luxurious pair of underpants are always nice to get.
- A Nerf Gun: This is something that my brother’s would get every year and I think this year we should revamp it for older guys.
- Mini Fridge: What guy doesn’t want a mini fridge? I know it’s a little big, but if you could get a deal it would be a unique gift.
- Laptop Bag & Stickers: If he’s a techie, a nice leather bag and some stickers to personalise their computer are nice gift.
- Shirt: Again, another gift for him that could be for you too, is a shirt that expressed his personality and quirks.
- French Press & Quirky Mug: Coffee is a lot of people’s lifeline, so a nice french press and a cute mug are always nice.
- Card Against Humanity: I love this game, and it’s a little raunchy but so much fun! I know my brothers have this on their list.
- Extra Charger: These can vary in price, but a nice little gift for a techie person. These come in variety of colours and fun shapes.
- Penny Board: A gift for a more coordinated guy that likes to skateboard. These are smaller boards that come in all sorts of different designs.
- Apple TV: Perfect for the techie of the family.
- Something Handmade: If all else fails, something you make, like cookies or pyjamas is always nice. They usually love whatever you make
These are just some ideas of what you could get the man in your life. If you think of any other great ideas you think they would like, comment! I tried to keep in mind the different types of guys there are out there. Happy Holidays!
PS: Stay tuned for my stocking stuffer ideas! Coming soon!
As we get closer and closer to Christmas, I’m finding it harder and harder to think up gift ideas. So, I figured I would make up a gift guide for anyone out there like me who is having a hard time with ideas. I’m going to do three gift guide: for her, one for him and stocking stuffer ideas.
A gift guide for her is really any girl in your life: sister, best friend, mom, girlfriend, grandmas, and aunt, whatever. I created this list with girls in min, but they could be for anyone you can think of.
- Cute Christmas PJS: You can never have enough PJs and Christmas time is just fantastic, so why not have a cute pair of PJs that you can lounge around in after unwrapping gifts?
- Bath Stuff: I only recently really got into bath bombs and bubble baths, but I love them. Lush is great for this ones, especially Lush and Bath and Body works.
- Candles: What makes a house cozier than candles?
- Makeup Brushes: I really need a new set of brushes and a feel like a girl can never have too many makeup brushes.
- Lipstick Kits: If the person you’re shopping for loves a good lipstick, you can never go wrong with a new lippie. It could even become their new favourite.
- A Subscription: Subscriptions have become a new trend and I see one almost every day that I want to sign up for.
- Cardigans/Sweaters: Where I live, it’s freezing almost all the time in the winter, so I can’t seem to get enough sweaters and cardigans. Old Navy is my number one spot for sweaters and I’ve really like Ricki’s/Bootleger for cardigans.
- Gloves and a Beanie: I got this last year for Christmas from Brendan’s mom and it was awesome. My dog actually decided to adopt my gloves as a chew toy, but I really liked them while they lasted.
- A Style Book: If the someone who is really into fashion, a style book is always a good idea (I really like Lauren Conrad’s Style) but really any book is a good idea.
- Slippers: Slippers are necessary for me year round, but even more so for winter time (I have two pairs!)
- Onesie: I have wanted a huge oversized onesie for ever! I want one that’s either Christmas themed or one with a reindeer on it.
- New Underwear: I have so many pairs of underwear and I still want more, so if you aren’t weirded out by it, underwear is a safe bet.
- New Cup/To Go Mug: Starbucks has some of the cutest to go mugs every year and every year, my friends and I oogle over them. David’s tea has some super cute ones as well.
- A Planner: I’m a huge planner girl. I decorate mine, write everything down it and use it like my Bible. Best. Thing. Ever. Band.o always has really cute ones, as well as Kate Spade.
- A Tray: I know that’s super vague, but I have one of those trays that can sit on your bed or coffee table last year for Christmas from Mr. B. In mine, Brendan added pictures of us in it, which is a cute touch, and I love it to death. I can put my essentials in it and anything else that I want. Super great idea that you can personalise as well.
- New Tote/Purse: These things come in handy all the time. I’ve been really liking the new leather totes in colours such as black, grey, and blush pink.
- Hunter Boots: I really want Hunter boots because they are so cute! They are also really practical for winter because of snow-slush situations.
- Pillows: Cozy pillows make rooms so much cuter for winter time!
- Cute Decor: A few years ago, I got some decor items for Christmas and it was awesome! It opened up my thoughts about what to decorate my room.
- Wireless Speakers or Headphone: These are actually on my on my list this year because I listen to music everyday, so they might as well be cute ones.
- A Fake Fur Rug/Blanket: These are super trendy right now and for goo reason! They are super cute and cozy for winter and all the time.
- A Polaroid Camera: These are super cool! You can snap a picture of Christmas morning it’s instantly there. Be sure to involve extra film.
- A Teapot: I drink about 400 cups of tea a day and I recently bought a tea pot and it’s made my life 10 times easier. A super cute one in her favourite colour is a great idea!
- Makeup Gift Set: Companies are the best this time of year for making huge gift sets for the makeup lovers of the world. This year, I’ve been eyeing up the Marc Jacobs gift sets, as well Sephora.
- Jewellery Box: I got one of these lasts year and they are super great for storage and not to mention they look super cute.
Well there we go! A quick 25 gift ideas that your friend, sister, mom, girlfriend, grandma, coworker, whoever would love to unwrap this holiday season! Coming soon is the gift guide for him and the stocking stuffer ideas!
I hope you all have a wonderful day/night/afternoon/morning and remember that you are capable of great things! A happy holidays from mine to yours!
Happy October everyone! Here’s another fall themed post coming your way because fall is the best season ever and also so inspiring. I was thinking about coming up with a name for my fall series, let me know what you guys think in the comments! I’d love to hear what you guys think.
Anyways, something that I mentioned in my last fall blog post, a playlist gets me in the mood to get cozy and sip tea. Music is so powerful, because it can change your attitude, your day and how you feel. Below I have the ten songs I’ve had on repeat since the leaves started changing!
I think these songs are perfect for morning or night, baking pie and just walking around appreciating the crisp air. I’ll most likely be adding more songs to my playlist, but these songs are the foundation for the rest of my fall music inspiration.
If this something you guys want more of, let me know because I had a LOT of fun looking for songs. And of course, if you have any song suggestions for me, let me know because you can never love enough songs.
Have a wonderful day, full of getting things done, great hair and smiles.
The bags under my eyes aren’t just from the labs I’ve put off for a week, but also the many many hours I spend watching Youtube videos. They say the first thing you need to do in rehabilitation is accepting you have a problem: I am addicted to Youtube.
And being addicted to Youtube, I have a few (hundred) people I watch on a regular basis, and I’ve made a list of them so you can all become addicted like me 🙂 Maybe you’ve heard of them already, maybe you haven’t (and if you have comment down below any similar ones so I can check them out, too). Either way, these are the people I watch far too often.
1- Aspyn Ovard Ferris- Aspyn is currently doing what my dream job, running an online boutique while having a kickass Youtube life, while also looking perfect. I stumbled upon Aspyn three years ago looking up messy bun looks, and since then, I have gone back for many many things. One really cool thing that her and Parker, her husband, is they vlog on a regular basis. I looove vlogs; they actually make up the majority of my viewings. I think I like them so much because I want to make them someday.
Anyways, check out her channel for beauty, lifestyle, fashion. Whatever, just check it out.
2- AlishaMarie- I will admit that I only recently discovered how awesome Alisha is. She’s super positive and friendly and honestly just like internet best friend that I never talk to but pretend that I do. She’s another Youtuber that vlogs on the daily ( I see a trend starting..) and she also makes really great and funny videos on her main channel. She touches everything from makeup to hacks to funny skits. Check her out for someone who doesn’t make you feel bad for pressing next after the 34th vlog.
3- Mia Stammer- I would really love to meet Mia some day because I think she’d be awesome. She creates really cool videos on her main channel touch on everything, but once again, I really enjoy her vlogs. I think she is just so cute and has such a cute dog and she’s real. I know that not everyone’s perfect, that’s something many vlogggers try to get across, but Mia actually shows that a Youtubers life really isn’t perfect. She’ll sing and dance for us, as well as get real about anxiety. You guys should totally check her out because she’s super cute and so is her Corgi.
4- Jessie Paege- The Mermaid Hair Mom is a wonderful creature that basically budded off of Tumblr. I really wish I could say that I’ve followed her for a while, but I only recently discovered her from Girls Night In. I WISH I had found her sooner, because she is just so sweet and nice and just a generally nice human. She likes memes and MCR and bright colours. She posts vlogs, too and her main content is again, realistic and deep. She isn’t afraid to say she was picked last in gym class s or to geek out once in a while. Check her out from unique and interesting video ideas with lots of colours and Supernatural references.
5- Lauren Riihimaki- AKA LaurDIY. I’ve watched Lauren for a loooong time. I feel like if we ever met, she would tell me about someone she knows and I would already know all about them, their instagram and blood type. I can’t remember what brought me to Lauren, but I’m so happy it did. She posts SunDIYs every week and they’re usually dupes for like Urban Outfitters or Anthropology decor iteams, which is fantastic. She’s also Canadian, so represent. I’m pretty sure she doesn’t vlog, but her boyfriend Alex Wassabi does, so she’s in a few of them. I really love Lauren for her creative DIYS and just general happiness that she puts out with every video.
I made this list of Youtubers because, I watcha wayyy too much Youtube (You think I use this laptop for work??? Wrong. It’s just another screen for Youtube) but also someday, maybe soon, I want to my very own Youtube videos, to accompany this blog. These are the people I look up to and want to be like, should I ever get my butt in gear. I love the content they push out week after week, how open they are with the world, and how they can be themselves.
If you guys think I should do it, leave me some suggestions down below of what content I should make, because this girl has no clue. I also would love to make a vlog channel, so if that’s something you guys would watch, hit up the comments.
And finally, this list was hard to make. Like I said, I watch a hell of a lot of Youtube, and picking just 5 was a challenge. There are so many people out there that I would have loved to mention but that’s just too long of a post. If I missed someone you think is worth noting, comment down below so that everyone can know more about them!
‘Till Next Time,
Okay, so before one Debbie Downer points out to me that it is still September, I would just like to clarify that it’s been really looking like fall where I live since late August. This post is perfectly times if you live where I live. But I do understand that it is September and that we shouldn’t have pumpkin on the brain until October, but that isn’t going to stop me from writing this post. Well glad I got that out of the way.
Now for my list of essentials that every person needs in fall. To be honest, this is me like 85% of the time, but this one involves more pumpkin than usual. I’ve made this way more complex than it needed to be, so let’s jump on in.
FALL PLAYLIST! How else are you supposed to feel like breaking out the candles and tea drinking if you can’t have the right jams for it? I know music is a HUGE thing in my life. I use it to study, wake me up, and of course, set the mood. I have a whole post coming soon of my fall playlist must haves, but for now, here are some 8 track playlists I’ve been digging for autumn.
http://8tracks.com/julieglitterfck/a-pumpkin-spiced-love-story-pt-ii and http://8tracks.com/crimeofrhyme/autumnal
CANDLES! Everyone always freaks out when Bath and Body works brings out their fall collection. The only thing that sort of sucks is that every single candle is pumpkin scented, which I am not a huge fan of. Luckily I found this gem in Bath and Body works and it smells just like homemade apple pie my mom makes. I really liked Leaves by them as well, but I haven’t gotten it yet. If you have a Bath and Body works near you, strongly recommend these two!
Links to both of these candles: Leaves- http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/product/index.jsp?productId=99199226&cp=12586994.12936192.4147333 Warm Apple Pie- http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/product/index.jsp?productId=102425176&cp=12586994.12936192.4147333 *I forgot to mention this one but it’s yummy for Halloween. Boo- http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/product/index.jsp?productId=99199136&cp=12586994.12936192.10787117
COZY SOCKS! Socks are a must anyways for winter, why can’t they be like super fuzzy and soft and pretty much just a hug for feet? I got some super soft socks from Bath and Body works last year that have a little fox on them, and this year I picked up two more pairs of these fantastic socks. They are like 8 bucks usually, and I know that’s a lot for socks. These things are so incredible, I think they are totally worth it. They have grips are almost like slippers.
Link for softest socks ever (all five selections are here!)- http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=socks&origkw=socks&sr=1
BATHS! Honestly I usually only take a bath when I’m a little stressed when school comes around and I became stressed. I got a bath oil thing from Lush that smells like vanilla and it’s so yummy. I think it’s supposed to make me all soft and such, but honestly, I just need to bath to zen out. And I got this other bath bomb from Lush, it sort of smells like vanilla, but also like oatmeal. Either way, it seems soothing, something I’m going to need to combat this semester.
SWEATERS! It’s going get cold and what better way to keep warm than to snuggle up in a cute knit sweater or crewneck? Confession time: I love Old Navy for sweaters because A) They are usually super trendy and B) They cost like 15 bucks so I can buy them all. I have like 4 or 5 sweaters from Old Navy and I wear them like all the time. Another place I really like sweaters from is Roots (actually currently wearing one from there. Ooops). I’m pretty sure that they are a Canadian company, but they might ship to other places I don’t know. Either way their sweaters are super soft, cozy and pretty much a fall staple in anyone’s closet.
I like this one http://oldnavy.gapcanada.ca/browse/product.do?cid=60790&vid=1&pid=274801003 and this one http://oldnavy.gapcanada.ca/browse/product.do?cid=60790&vid=1&pid=284786033 Here’s Roots website- http://roots.com/
COOKIES! Okay, so these aren’t really a fall essential, but like a life essential. My grandma actually showed me these cookies and I am obsessed with them. I usually just eat them when I get all my homework done for the night, because I need #motivation to get through physics. They are from Leclerc, and they are soo good. They are even like ‘health’ cookies, like they have quinoa and they are even organic. So bonus.
BRAIDS! I wear my hair in a braid like 74.34% of the time, but fall is just a time I wear them more often. I just put my hair in a Dutch braid, which is just an inverse regular French braid. I incorporated my bangs because they were hella messy. I’ve linked a tutorial for just a regular Dutch braid.
TEA! If you guys only take one thing away from this, it should be this one. Tea is my blood type. It’s like a warm hug and a pat on the back for getting up. But once a year the cream de la cream of teas comes out and my friend and I freak out. It’s Pumpkin Chai from David’s Tea and it is a god sent. If you add brown sugar and tons of milk, it tastes like pumpkin pie and it’s just glorious. This tea is actually the only pumpkin flavoured thing I really get into for fall. I tried the blueberry muffin one they have this year as well and it’s pretty good, too. But Pumpkin Chai is just so incredible. You have to have to try this tea.
PUMPKIN CHAI (!!!!) https://www.davidstea.com/ca_en/pumpkin-chai-black-tea/ and their other yummy fall teas https://www.davidstea.com/ca_en/fall-collection/view-all-fall-collection/
Okay well that list was longer than I expected but you gotta go all out for fall. This is just what I think of when fall rolls around. Let me know what you guys need for fall! Recommendations are totally welcome!!
‘Till Next Time,