As we get closer and closer to Christmas, I’m finding it harder and harder to think up gift ideas. So, I figured I would make up a gift guide for anyone out there like me who is having a hard time with ideas. I’m going to do three gift guide: for her, one for him and stocking stuffer ideas.
A gift guide for her is really any girl in your life: sister, best friend, mom, girlfriend, grandmas, and aunt, whatever. I created this list with girls in min, but they could be for anyone you can think of.
- Cute Christmas PJS: You can never have enough PJs and Christmas time is just fantastic, so why not have a cute pair of PJs that you can lounge around in after unwrapping gifts?
- Bath Stuff: I only recently really got into bath bombs and bubble baths, but I love them. Lush is great for this ones, especially Lush and Bath and Body works.
- Candles: What makes a house cozier than candles?
- Makeup Brushes: I really need a new set of brushes and a feel like a girl can never have too many makeup brushes.
- Lipstick Kits: If the person you’re shopping for loves a good lipstick, you can never go wrong with a new lippie. It could even become their new favourite.
- A Subscription: Subscriptions have become a new trend and I see one almost every day that I want to sign up for.
- Cardigans/Sweaters: Where I live, it’s freezing almost all the time in the winter, so I can’t seem to get enough sweaters and cardigans. Old Navy is my number one spot for sweaters and I’ve really like Ricki’s/Bootleger for cardigans.
- Gloves and a Beanie: I got this last year for Christmas from Brendan’s mom and it was awesome. My dog actually decided to adopt my gloves as a chew toy, but I really liked them while they lasted.
- A Style Book: If the someone who is really into fashion, a style book is always a good idea (I really like Lauren Conrad’s Style) but really any book is a good idea.
- Slippers: Slippers are necessary for me year round, but even more so for winter time (I have two pairs!)
- Onesie: I have wanted a huge oversized onesie for ever! I want one that’s either Christmas themed or one with a reindeer on it.
- New Underwear: I have so many pairs of underwear and I still want more, so if you aren’t weirded out by it, underwear is a safe bet.
- New Cup/To Go Mug: Starbucks has some of the cutest to go mugs every year and every year, my friends and I oogle over them. David’s tea has some super cute ones as well.
- A Planner: I’m a huge planner girl. I decorate mine, write everything down it and use it like my Bible. Best. Thing. Ever. Band.o always has really cute ones, as well as Kate Spade.
- A Tray: I know that’s super vague, but I have one of those trays that can sit on your bed or coffee table last year for Christmas from Mr. B. In mine, Brendan added pictures of us in it, which is a cute touch, and I love it to death. I can put my essentials in it and anything else that I want. Super great idea that you can personalise as well.
- New Tote/Purse: These things come in handy all the time. I’ve been really liking the new leather totes in colours such as black, grey, and blush pink.
- Hunter Boots: I really want Hunter boots because they are so cute! They are also really practical for winter because of snow-slush situations.
- Pillows: Cozy pillows make rooms so much cuter for winter time!
- Cute Decor: A few years ago, I got some decor items for Christmas and it was awesome! It opened up my thoughts about what to decorate my room.
- Wireless Speakers or Headphone: These are actually on my on my list this year because I listen to music everyday, so they might as well be cute ones.
- A Fake Fur Rug/Blanket: These are super trendy right now and for goo reason! They are super cute and cozy for winter and all the time.
- A Polaroid Camera: These are super cool! You can snap a picture of Christmas morning it’s instantly there. Be sure to involve extra film.
- A Teapot: I drink about 400 cups of tea a day and I recently bought a tea pot and it’s made my life 10 times easier. A super cute one in her favourite colour is a great idea!
- Makeup Gift Set: Companies are the best this time of year for making huge gift sets for the makeup lovers of the world. This year, I’ve been eyeing up the Marc Jacobs gift sets, as well Sephora.
- Jewellery Box: I got one of these lasts year and they are super great for storage and not to mention they look super cute.
Well there we go! A quick 25 gift ideas that your friend, sister, mom, girlfriend, grandma, coworker, whoever would love to unwrap this holiday season! Coming soon is the gift guide for him and the stocking stuffer ideas!
I hope you all have a wonderful day/night/afternoon/morning and remember that you are capable of great things! A happy holidays from mine to yours!
Okay, so before one Debbie Downer points out to me that it is still September, I would just like to clarify that it’s been really looking like fall where I live since late August. This post is perfectly times if you live where I live. But I do understand that it is September and that we shouldn’t have pumpkin on the brain until October, but that isn’t going to stop me from writing this post. Well glad I got that out of the way.
Now for my list of essentials that every person needs in fall. To be honest, this is me like 85% of the time, but this one involves more pumpkin than usual. I’ve made this way more complex than it needed to be, so let’s jump on in.
FALL PLAYLIST! How else are you supposed to feel like breaking out the candles and tea drinking if you can’t have the right jams for it? I know music is a HUGE thing in my life. I use it to study, wake me up, and of course, set the mood. I have a whole post coming soon of my fall playlist must haves, but for now, here are some 8 track playlists I’ve been digging for autumn.
http://8tracks.com/julieglitterfck/a-pumpkin-spiced-love-story-pt-ii and http://8tracks.com/crimeofrhyme/autumnal
CANDLES! Everyone always freaks out when Bath and Body works brings out their fall collection. The only thing that sort of sucks is that every single candle is pumpkin scented, which I am not a huge fan of. Luckily I found this gem in Bath and Body works and it smells just like homemade apple pie my mom makes. I really liked Leaves by them as well, but I haven’t gotten it yet. If you have a Bath and Body works near you, strongly recommend these two!
Links to both of these candles: Leaves- http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/product/index.jsp?productId=99199226&cp=12586994.12936192.4147333 Warm Apple Pie- http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/product/index.jsp?productId=102425176&cp=12586994.12936192.4147333 *I forgot to mention this one but it’s yummy for Halloween. Boo- http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/product/index.jsp?productId=99199136&cp=12586994.12936192.10787117
COZY SOCKS! Socks are a must anyways for winter, why can’t they be like super fuzzy and soft and pretty much just a hug for feet? I got some super soft socks from Bath and Body works last year that have a little fox on them, and this year I picked up two more pairs of these fantastic socks. They are like 8 bucks usually, and I know that’s a lot for socks. These things are so incredible, I think they are totally worth it. They have grips are almost like slippers.
Link for softest socks ever (all five selections are here!)- http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=socks&origkw=socks&sr=1
BATHS! Honestly I usually only take a bath when I’m a little stressed when school comes around and I became stressed. I got a bath oil thing from Lush that smells like vanilla and it’s so yummy. I think it’s supposed to make me all soft and such, but honestly, I just need to bath to zen out. And I got this other bath bomb from Lush, it sort of smells like vanilla, but also like oatmeal. Either way, it seems soothing, something I’m going to need to combat this semester.
SWEATERS! It’s going get cold and what better way to keep warm than to snuggle up in a cute knit sweater or crewneck? Confession time: I love Old Navy for sweaters because A) They are usually super trendy and B) They cost like 15 bucks so I can buy them all. I have like 4 or 5 sweaters from Old Navy and I wear them like all the time. Another place I really like sweaters from is Roots (actually currently wearing one from there. Ooops). I’m pretty sure that they are a Canadian company, but they might ship to other places I don’t know. Either way their sweaters are super soft, cozy and pretty much a fall staple in anyone’s closet.
I like this one http://oldnavy.gapcanada.ca/browse/product.do?cid=60790&vid=1&pid=274801003 and this one http://oldnavy.gapcanada.ca/browse/product.do?cid=60790&vid=1&pid=284786033 Here’s Roots website- http://roots.com/
COOKIES! Okay, so these aren’t really a fall essential, but like a life essential. My grandma actually showed me these cookies and I am obsessed with them. I usually just eat them when I get all my homework done for the night, because I need #motivation to get through physics. They are from Leclerc, and they are soo good. They are even like ‘health’ cookies, like they have quinoa and they are even organic. So bonus.
BRAIDS! I wear my hair in a braid like 74.34% of the time, but fall is just a time I wear them more often. I just put my hair in a Dutch braid, which is just an inverse regular French braid. I incorporated my bangs because they were hella messy. I’ve linked a tutorial for just a regular Dutch braid.
TEA! If you guys only take one thing away from this, it should be this one. Tea is my blood type. It’s like a warm hug and a pat on the back for getting up. But once a year the cream de la cream of teas comes out and my friend and I freak out. It’s Pumpkin Chai from David’s Tea and it is a god sent. If you add brown sugar and tons of milk, it tastes like pumpkin pie and it’s just glorious. This tea is actually the only pumpkin flavoured thing I really get into for fall. I tried the blueberry muffin one they have this year as well and it’s pretty good, too. But Pumpkin Chai is just so incredible. You have to have to try this tea.
PUMPKIN CHAI (!!!!) https://www.davidstea.com/ca_en/pumpkin-chai-black-tea/ and their other yummy fall teas https://www.davidstea.com/ca_en/fall-collection/view-all-fall-collection/
Okay well that list was longer than I expected but you gotta go all out for fall. This is just what I think of when fall rolls around. Let me know what you guys need for fall! Recommendations are totally welcome!!
‘Till Next Time,
Okay, so I know I’ve been MIA for a bit here, but I’ve just been really busy I promise! I’ll be back to normal, I’m hoping, in max three weeks time. It’s just been a little bit crazy these last few weeks. Where to begin….
A few weeks ago, I finally paid my college tuition (not fun) and now my bank account is much less than it was. No more fancy coffees for me I guess (sad, sad day for me guys). I actually am starting to feel more adult like, like I can pay taxes, I can call the doctor myself and I can answer emails. unfortunately my mom came with me to pay, which actually turned out to be a good thing since she saved me 200 bucks. Still hard on the ego when your mommy is holding your hand. But no more. I am a college student now!
Well, almost. I don’t start school until the 6th of September, so I have a little bit more freedom.
I also got braces. Don’t really want to talk about it, since I look 12 now, but oh well. I’m told my teeth will be perfect after this. I sure hope so since they hurt like crazy right now. Moving on to happier, less metal things.
My boyfriend, Brendan’s birthday was on the 18th of August, and it was a big one. He recently turned 19, which is the legal drinking age for where we live. So he went out and had lots of fun at the bars and clubs. And then slept for a looong time when he got home, haha.
My birthday was actually yesterday, the 28th of August (I turned 18), but I had to work and am away from home, but I still had fun. Earlier, we had a dinner and pie, then we exchanged gifts and what not (PS- Should I do what I got for my birthday? Or would that be weird? Let me know down below!). It was also my grandmas birthday, we share the same day, so I talked to her a lot and it was nice. I miss her a lot and I am looking forward to seeing her again.
This leads me to the next thing that’s happening in my life: I’m moving back soon! I moved away from home for the summer, but now that summers almost over and fall is on its way (I have lots and lots of fall posts planned, so stay tuned!), I’ll be going home this Sunday. So this means packing and double checking everything. I think I’m going to miss it here, the people I’ve been working for have been such nice people, they made me feel really at home.
I’m looking forward to the next chapter in my life, new school, new house, new freedom. I’m excited to see all the new opportunities that will show themselves and I can’t wait to share them all with you!
‘Till Next Time,
Alright, so summer is basically over. I know, it suuucks. But you can still have one last kick ass weekend before you are stuck inside all day. Enter this post. The idea is to have fun, but keep it wallet friendly (to buy all the cute stationnary supplies you just have to have).
The idea is to pick somewhere pretty close to you, like maybe like an hour to three away to drive. Then pick some friends to split the minimal costs you might run into. I would suggest keeping it even so that every one has a buddy. So, you’ve got your destination and your buddy. Okay, now what?
- Pack Light- You are only going for a weekend, you don’t need the extra shirt, you don’t need your twenty something pillows. Pack smart. Hot Tip: I would pack clothes you can layer if you need (leggings, light tees, sweaters, socks, ext.)
- Foooood- When I went on my adventure, we bought food on the way. But pack food. Because eating out is can be pricey (money better spent on other things, like yummy bakery food). We had a camp stove, as well, so maybe think of food you can cook over a fire.
- Camp- Hotels, no matter what Trivago says, are more money than free camping. Look up your places municipal camping site or even ask a local while your there. They might have secret kick ass spot only they know. You could even sleep in your car, hell we did. Mind you, we have a truck. in
- Info. Center- Check out the towns information center or tourism center to get started on hiking trails, places to eat, places to fish, places to check out. If you really can’t think of anything, I’ve come up with a little list at the end of this post.
- Experience the Town- Don’t go into the town expecting it to be just like home. Go in and see what your city doesn’t have. We checked out the mountains, fishing, coffee shops, bakery, museums and streets that our city doesn’t have. We didn’t go to the mall, because just about every mall is the same. Do other stuff.
These tips are just a guideline, feel free to do whatever you want. Shopping more you than fishing, go for it. Make sure, whatever you do, you have a much fun and do as many of things as you can. It’s only a few days, go a little harder and sleep extra hard when you are home.
Here’s that list I promised you. These are some of the things Brendan, my boyfriend and I did while we were on ‘vacation’.
- Checked out the main strip
- Enjoyed local coffee shops, bakeries, resturants
- Swam in local lakes
- Took lots and lots of pictures
- Ate ice cream and people watched
I really hope this inspired you to wave summer good bye with one last kick ass weekend with friends. Maybe this can be something you look back at while your are drowning in math homework.
Was this interesting and did it inspire you to travel somewhere new? I really hope so! Please leave me comment to let me know this is something you’d like to see more of! Also, follow me on Instagram and Twitter @ textbooksandtea!
‘Till next time!